Adult Dependant Relatives


Individual Immigration

Being dependent on a British Citizen

If you are dependent on a British citizen or someone with indefinite leave to remain, asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK, you may be eligible to make an application to join them. You must be over 18 years old and be related; either their parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son or daughter.

You must prove that:

    • You need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks because of illness, disability or your age;
    • The care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in;
    • The person you’ll be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least 5 years;
    • You’re 18 or over.

Further Blog & Legislation Categories


UK Immigration

Debt Recovery